Bow ties are amazingly versatile elements. You can incorporate them practically into anything! Jewelry, clothes, craft projects, and even food! So here's a quick and super easy photo tutorial on how to make those cuties. :)
What You'll Need:
(1) 1.25" Ribbon 6 inches long, (1) 1.25" Ribbon 1.75 inches long, Scissors, Thread and Needle and some embellishments.
1. Fold the 6inch ribbon in half and sew the edges together. Here, I'm using a back stitch.
2. Once that's done, turn the piece inside out. Set this one aside.
3. Fold the 1.75inch ribbon in half, and sew the edges together using a back stitch. Forgive me for the horrible sewing! I'm such a genius when it comes to this things!
4. Turn this piece inside out.
5. Fold this piece yet again and like the previous steps, fasten the edges by sewing them together. You should turn this inside out as well.
You should end up having these two elements.
6. All that's left to do is to place the bigger piece through the loop of the other smaller piece. Tug and adjust the two pieces until you're happy with the shape of the bow tie.
You can glue or sew the elements together. I also suggest ironing the whole thing to keep the shape of the bow tie. And that's it! Let you're creativity flow, and bedazzle your bow ties with charms, beads, and other embellishments. :)